The Start of Something New

Hello world :)

I've wanted to start a blog for awhile now. I know it's not atypical for someone in my generation to start one but regardless I felt the urge. I want to share some of my passions with the world publicly. I remember a friend told me in college that in order to be a good writer you have to expose yourself to the world as if your walking around naked. Although the words seem rash the message still resonates with me today. So here I am finally going for it. I want to share the things I learn as well as travels, recipes, fashion, fitness and stories from patients and people I interact with. I should have premised that sentence with the fact that I work in healthcare. I am an X-Ray technologist in a few different hospitals and sometimes I feel like I could write a comedy book with the things that patients share with me. All in all I hope for this to be a lifestyle blog where I can share and maybe help people and lift up their spirits.

So first off; About ME

I am a 27 year old girl living in Massachusetts with her boyfriend and his son. My life is not without it's challenges but I'm very blessed. I love to love. I love creativity, music, laughter, the ocean and a nice glass of wine every now and again. When I'm singing and drinking coffee my soul is happy. Basically I'm still trying to figure things out. I want to further my education, have millions of dollars, travel the world and love with everything I am. So far I've done a few of those. (The millions is still a work in progress) I couldn't survive without my family, friends and my faith. I've learned the support I have is not common in this world and I don't take it for granted. I may not have everything together but I'm a work in progress.

So my first patient story is an interesting one this week

A patient had me laughing pretty hard with what she said to me. She started by asking if I was married. I politely said "No but I do have a boyfriend." She proceeded to say "Make sure he plays with your boobs a lot!" I was bit dumb founded and the first thing I could think to say was "I don't think he'll have a problem with that." I asked why she said that and she said, "Before my mammogram my boyfriend plays with them a lot so when I goes in for the test it doesn't hurt at all!" I laughed out loud and thankfully she thought it was just as funny! Like I said where do people come up with this stuff??

Until next time xo Alicia

Comments

Popular Posts