Mom Day

With Mother’s day looming I’ve had a lot on my mind. This may be my first biological mother’s day, but I honestly don’t consider it my first as a mother. There’s this stigma associated with being a step parent. To be honest I don’t even like the term “step parent.” I don’t really consider myself a “step” of anything for that matter. From the moment I met Gavin I knew I was entering motherhood. I still remember that first play session in Danny's living room over 3 years ago, I knew he was special.

It probably sounds foolish to people. Because the reality is I will never be his biological mother. That’s an internal battle with myself that I feel I have signed up for, that will exist for the rest of my life. The wanting to be. In reality he is the reason I wanted Wyatt. The love my heart felt for him and now Wyatt. There really are no words for it.

I’ve had friends and family tell me that they couldn’t do it. To love a child that is not their own. I think I’ve reevaluated what being a parent really is. I’ve joined these mom groups on social media and I read the stories of countless situations. The cookie cutter family is fading in our society. This reality in my opinion is a good thing. It expands the capability for love to exist. It gets rid of the narrow mindedness that people who judge have.

I have two sons. I hope when they grow up they realize how much they are loved and how important they are. These two boys and Danny are my world.

Happy Mother's day to all the moms out there! You're important!💙

Comments

Popular Posts