New Year.. delayed a bit

It's already February 7th.

HOLY CRAP

I made a few resolutions this year which honestly I do every year. Usually most I make a valiant effort to accomplish for the first few months and then the efforts taper off.

Well this year I don't want that to be the case. From the outside looking in I look like someone who seems to finish things I start. I have two degrees that I finished and I know I'm fully capable. However I can't tell you how many books I've picked up, read 60 pages and never finished.

So this year one of the things I want to do consistently is write more. To communicate myself more through word.

It's going to be a hell of a year. There's a very large birthday for me in July (30!)

And when May comes around I'll have a new baby girl to take care of; making me a mom of 3.. holy shit

So this new year I've felt very reflective. I know I still have months till my birthday but the thought of turning 30 crosses my mind more often than I like to admit. I feel myself looking back at the last 10 years.My 20's have been a whirlwind.

10 years ago next month I remember traveling to California by myself. It was the first time I had traveled alone and I was going to visit family friends and relax. I met a girl in Santa Barbara who was also a writer. I remember reading her writings and realizing the true cathartic feeling that writing brought me.

A lot has happened in 10 years. Friends found and lost. Family, houses, motherhood, marriage, heartbreak, lessons, accomplishments all in a very random order. Some very low lows and very high highs.

And yet I still feel like I'm figuring things out.

So February be kind because this little girl inside of me is making me extra tired lately. No really I feel like I could sleep all the time lately which is near impossible with a 9 year old and 1.5 year old.

xo Alicia

Comments

Popular Posts