2020

2020 has a symmetry to it that appeals to me. Almost a month into the new year and I had intentions to focus more on myself. Which as a mom, wife, daughter, sister, and friend sounds counter intuitive. How can you focus on yourself when you have so much going on?

Well I need to. I have put myself on the back burner over the last few years and my mental and physical health needs to be a priority this year. For me that includes working out more, losing this baby weight, writing more, reading more books, and doing more activities that make me happy. I want this year to be better than last.I have a feeling it will be. My sister's birthday is next month and on March 11th Danny and I will have been married for 3 years already. It's going to be a busy year. But in a good way

So here goes my writing.

Frozen

She was solid

She hadn't quite thawed yet

The ice had begun to melt

Dripping down her back

The cold was awakening

Frozen

She was solid

Frozen solid, unable to move

The dripping gave hope

She would thaw

She would move

She would conquer

Frozen

Comments

  1. The thaw will come, it’s only a matter of time
    The flowers will bloom, the sun will shine
    The ground will soften, the birds will sing
    She will thaw, she will bloom, she will find herself
    It’s only a matter of time

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts