Small Steps

 It's the second week of the new year. 

By now a lot of resolutions have fallen short and a lot of people tend to give up. 

I think not seeing progress as quickly as people want makes them give up quicker. I myself have fallen into this hole a few times in the past.

This year, I haven't yet. Its been my mind. I haven't worked out every single day. But I'm making better choices with food and trying to give myself more grace to not only get healthier physically but feel better mentally as well. 

This is a process. The saying about any type of health journey being a marathon and not a sprint is so incredibly accurate. It's been about forgiving myself for the past and looking forward. Seeing each new day as an opportunity to think happier, be happier, and make good decisions. 

Mom mode has been in full swing with the boys being back in school and basketball in full swing for my 13 year old. 

I feel like I have been succeeding when it comes to not stressing about a number of things. Working on my patience with others is, like my health journey, going to take some time. 

Having a partner who is interested in the same things does help. Danny has been doing really well working out which is motivating in itself to witness. 

*Random thought of positivity*

Last weekend I worked at the hospital and saw a number of young girls, teen girls pregnant, women in their 40s who couldn't walk due to their weight, and a number of people whose circumstances were not the best. Driving home it got me thinking about how lucky I am. I need to see my life through all the good that exists in it more than the negative. There is so much I have to be thankful for. There are so many people in this world and so many extenuating circumstances that sometimes leave people stuck. I am able to move and keep going. That fact alone is something I don't think most people appreciate enough. 

Keep moving everyone and have a great rest of the week 

We got this - Alicia xo 



Comments

Popular Posts